cancel

Cannot add attachments to Service Calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter J Gray
Respected Contributor.

Cannot add attachments to Service Calls

Hi,
Can anyone advise how to resolve an issue where I am unable to attach a large bitmap (approx 4mb( to a service call. I get an error message :

"Attachment Server: Java.net.socket Exception:Connection reset bypeer"

Can anyone advise how I can T/S this in the admin console? Is there a general attachment limit for atatchments or can this be reset at the Admin Console?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
4 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Cannot add attachments to Service Calls

Hi Peter,

Perhaps your network connection is very slow.
Did you try to use "Save attachments in background" feature?
In the Administrator Console > System Panel > Attachment Settings - check "Save attachments in background".

Regards,
Mihai
Highlighted
Craig R Taylor
Honored Contributor.
Solution

The attachment size is limited on the FTP server itself. The error message you are receiving appears to indicate that the issue is on the attachment server (i.e an FTP server).
I would try doing a straight upload directly to the FTP server to see if you can replicate it that way. You can get the server name, username, and target directory in the System Panel in the Admin Console --> Attachment Settings.
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

SD does not limit attachement sizes (unfortunately in some situations).

If you can attach a smaller file then your error message is definitely coming from the FTP server and not from SD.

Hope this helps
If you can't solve it, post it :)
Neil.Rushton.KI
New Member.

Not exactly the same as this error message but we have had an error in the past with dual network cards/IP Addresses.

If the primary network connection (used to access HPSD/OV) was not the top listed when an ipconfig is done on the machine users were unable to add attachments.

To repair the Network Binding Order needed to be changed.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894564