Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Export a single change record's history/audit

Tony Adams_3
Regular Contributor.

Export a single change record's history/audit

Is there a way to get an electronic copy for a single change record using the service desk client? If not, anyone know any easy ways to get this?

Thanks
11 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Export a single change record's history/audit

You could open the record, do a print preview and then publish the print to HTML or XML. What exactly do you want to do with the information?
Highlighted
Tony Adams_3
Regular Contributor.

Hmmm.... A possible solution providing I can find an HTML or XML print driver. I looking for a way to satisfy an auditor that I can easily export audit entries for a change record or records.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

If all you are after is the history lines for a Change printed do the following;

Create a new Change form and only include the ID and the history field. When you print this record that is all you will get.

Alternatively you could use a 3rd party report tool like crystal to query the data_base view history_line_change and have a runtime parameter of the change ID.
Tony Adams_3
Regular Contributor.

Creating a new form is interesting idea, but I need to export the data not print it.

I do like the idea of extracting the information from the actual database table though.

Thanks.
Mahmood Khan_1
Super Contributor.

Tony -
Not sure how viable this solution would be for you, but what you can do is create a rule that sends an email stating what was changed for the audit fields
Let me know if this works for you
Tony Adams_3
Regular Contributor.

Unfortunately, that idea is not too viable for my situation. Thanks.
Tony Adams_3
Regular Contributor.

Does anyone know the actual table names I would need to join together and the join fields to show Name that changed record, date/time, which fields and what values to and from?

Thanks.

George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello

The query below will list Change Number, TimeStamp, Login account Display Name and the subject of the change.

If you want to display Person's name, you should join ITSM_PERSONS with REP_ACCOUNTS.

The query doesn't display From Value, To value and Attribute value. Since I haven't used it I don't know what tables should be joined in other to have these values.

SELECT "ITSM_CHANGES"."CHA_ID", "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE"."REG_CREATED", "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE"."REG_CREATED_BY_OID", "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE"."HCH_SUBJECT", "REP_ACCOUNTS"."ACC_SHOWNAME", "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE"."REG_MODIFIED_BY_OID"
FROM ("sd_userDB"."dbo"."ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE" "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE" INNER JOIN "sd_userDB"."dbo"."ITSM_CHANGES" "ITSM_CHANGES" ON "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE"."HCH_CHA_OID"="ITSM_CHANGES"."CHA_OID") INNER JOIN "sd_userDB"."dbo"."REP_ACCOUNTS" "REP_ACCOUNTS" ON "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_CHANGE"."REG_CREATED_BY_OID"="REP_ACCOUNTS"."ACC_OID"

Hope that helps you (at least to have a starting point)
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please, also have in mind that the query posted above doesn't take any localization into account and it is writen for SQL 2000. If your DB is oracle some modifications might be required.
menes fhtagn
Shaun Oelofsen
Honored Contributor.

Hi All,

I am trying to extract the History lines for Service calls, in order to import into a new SD installation.

I tried this SQL statement, that I used from another post, and modified it, but it does not work. Could someone please assist me, with the script, or advise on another way of extracting the history for Service calls and incidents. Thanks

SELECT "ITSM_SERVICECALL"."SER_ID", "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL"."HSC_CREATED"
, "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVCECALL"."REG_CREATEDBY_OID"
, "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL"."HSC_SUBJECT"
, "REP_ACCOUNTS"."ACC_SHOWNAME", "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL"."REG_MODIFIEDBY_OID"
FROM ("sd_userDB"."dbo"."ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL
" "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL" INNER JOIN "sd_userDB"."dbo"."ITSM_SERVICECALLS" "ITSM_SERVICECALLS" ON "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL"."HSC_SER_OID"="ITSM_SERVICECALLS"."SER_
OID") INNER JOIN "sd_userDB"."dbo"."REP_ACCOUNTS" "REP_ACCOUNTS" ON "ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL"."REG_CREATEDBY_OID"="REP_ACCOUN
TS"."ACC_OID"

If there are errors please assist.. Unfortuantley I am not a DBA at all, or a developer on SQL scripts.

Regards
Shaun
Saji Soman
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Tony,

Maybe this will help

select * from v_historylinechange where change_id=?

BR,
Saji Soman