cancel

Not able to restore servicedesk backup to anothe rserver

SOLVED
Go to solution
vadher.vijay
Absent Member.

Not able to restore servicedesk backup to anothe rserver

Dear All

I want to transfer my existing servicedesk server to new server.I install servicedesk application server and it is working fine.But whenever I trying to restore servicedesk backup the application server will stop and then the application server service not startinng up.

I take a servicedesk database backup from microsoft SQL server enterprise console but not able to restore that database to new(another server).

I there any thing to configure in server before restoring database.

Kindly help .....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff.Alleman
Absent Member.
Solution

Re: Not able to restore servicedesk backup to anothe rserver

Forgot to mention, Run it against the copy of the database on the new server.
8 REPLIES
Sam decosta
Absent Member.

Hi Vijay,

Can you more elborate your question.

Why do you need HDSD server services to run while restoring the database backup ?

How i do here...i restore the backup to new databse server and then i change the databse base server name and credentials in server setting editor.

Thanks,
Avinash
M Kumar
Absent Member.

Hi Vijay,

Restoration of DB is not any how related to SD installation or services, you just restore DB backup and connect to DB from Server settings editor of SD, there you have to provide DB name, User name and password.

Thanks..
Jeff.Alleman
Absent Member.

You need to delete the reference to the older server from the Database.
Run the following query and see if it helps.

delete INFOOLDM1 where TYPE = 'scdb.system'
Jeff.Alleman
Absent Member.
Solution

Forgot to mention, Run it against the copy of the database on the new server.
Ken Briscoe
Absent Member.

Possible problem is that in SQL DB after restore you have to relink the login to the restored database (even though you might see the user restored, it probably isn't linked to the SQL login). Or create a new login, then change your DB definition in Server Settings to use this new login.

To check, open the server settings editor and the DB definition and click Test Connection to ensure you can connect to DB.
Also you should see a repository error in the service desk logserver.txt when you try to start the service if it's not connecting.

And after the restore, before you start the service, always empty the REP_SERVERS table to remove reference to original server.

Jeff - isn't what you said for servicecentre? I don't recognise the table name or field for Service Desk.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
vadher.vijay
Absent Member.

Dear Avinash

Actualy I want to move my SD application server to new hardware .I install a new SD application server with same name as old server and then restore backup to new server but after restoring application server is stoped and not starting up.

Pls tell me what change we have to do in server settingd editor ,I have not find any server name there........

pls reply

Ken Briscoe
Absent Member.

You enter the Server name in the Host field on the Connections tab in server settings editor. Then you can use Test Connection button there to check all is OK.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Sam decosta
Absent Member.

Hi Vijay,

If your Restoration is done then you need to specify the new databse server name in server setting editor, to do so login to the server where HPSD is installed then go to below path.

Start Menu->All Programms->Hp Open View Service Desk->Application Server->Open the server setting editor.

Then go to "databse accounts" tab Click on Modify and open the "Connection" tab And give the host name as your new database server name.

If Helped ...Please assign the points.

also in below :)
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1344818

Thanks,
Avinash