Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD4.5 Extraction from a CSV file

Highlighted
mse_1
Trusted Contributor.

SD4.5 Extraction from a CSV file

Hi everyone,

I have extracted data from many many Excel sheets before but haven't done an extraction from a CSV file.
I started the ECW to get an initial ini file to work with. The connection to the ODBC source is successful. When I try to create a new class though, the ECW says "No tables or views found".
I remember this message from my first tries with the excel extraction when I did not have defined an area to select from. But I fail to apply this knowledge to the CSV extraction.
I was going to do it without the ECW but what do I put as a SOURCE? (Same problem as that's where the excel sheet's area name would go)

Can anyone please give me a clue?

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY
mse_1
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SD4.5 Extraction from a CSV file

What a pain in the ass that was...

If you should ever try to extract data from a CSV file, here's what your INI file has to look like (tested on SD4.5 SP25)

SOURCE=[filename.csv] [ALIAS]

The Alias and the blank between the two strings in brackets is important.

COLUMNS="ALIAS.COLUMNNAME" AS [COLUMNALIAS]

Notice the double quotes.

PARENT_RELATION=ALIAS.COLUMNNAME=[PARENTALIAS]

You can't have double quotes in the PARENT_RELATION

CONDITION=ALIAS.COLUMNNAME LIKE 'String'

You also can't have double quotes in the CONDITION but you have to have single quotes after relational operators.

In a nutshell: The syntax is stupid and totally random.