Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service desk custom fileds problem after SP 17

Highlighted
Andrej_19
Absent Member.

Service desk custom fileds problem after SP 17

Another question regarding SP 17:

Customer uses Service desk 4.5, and custom developed web application, that runs on IIS. Users claim their service calls through web interface, written in ASP.NET. Service desk has custom field for description of the call, text with 4000 characters.

However, after upgrading to SP 17, the service call, that has message length over specific lenght (don't know long it is right now) and is claimed through web interface, is not recorded in Service desk. Before upgrade, it was working properly.

Nothing has been done on web application itself, so I guess something has changed in Service desk.

Anyone had similar experience ?
5 REPLIES
Jasper Verweij
Absent Member.

Re: Service desk custom fileds problem after SP 17

Andrej,

Do you insert and update SD data via web-api or directly in database?

Jasper
Andrej_19
Absent Member.

I think I should rephrase my questino, as I got more information:

-Custom application uses sd_event for inserting service calls into Service desk

-sd_event log shows error about description not being present, but it is there (attaching sample log).

-Nothing has been changed on import mapping and service call template. I'll try to attach screenshot of it later.

Any clue on why it's not working properly after SP 17 upgrade ?
Robby De Naeyer
Absent Member.

Dear Andrej,

Since it is not very clear what the problem is i would advice to try and open a new service call with the same template as you use in the import mapping and manualy insert the data you use in the sd_event action.
Try to save it and see if you are not missing a mandatory field.

If this test works out fine you know for sure that you import correct data and have all mandatory fields coverd.

It is possible that the template or the import mapping got corrupted during the upgrade. So you could also try to create a new template and a new import mapping and try the sd_event action again with the new template and mapping.

Best regards,
Robby De Naeyer.
Andrej_19
Absent Member.

robby, I'm attaching import mapping.

It was working fine before upgrade, and we haven't changed anything since.

Do you think, that upgrading database again would help ?
Andrej_19
Absent Member.

It seems that the problem is related to ITSM008311 case. Can someone publish it ?

Best regards,

Andrej