NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Service Manager Documentation Forum
cancel

HPSM - how to attach attachment from Incident to Interaction

SOLVED
Go to solution
dfilipovic2 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HPSM - how to attach attachment from Incident to Interaction

Hello experts,

I am interested how can I attach attachment for Interaction (incidents) from Incident (probsummary).
I know I can go to Related Records and if Operator has rights to save attachment he can do It like that.

I don't want to copy attachment from Incident to Interaction I want to choose which attachments will be on Incident and which will be on Interaction.

2017-10-09_125214.jpg

How can I add a button that will have same functionality on TAB "Incident Attachments" but to add a new attachment to Interaction in TAB "Interaction Attachments", is it possible?2017-10-09_125240.jpg

Best regards,
Dino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: HPSM - how to attach attachment from Incident to Interaction

I found a solution that is OK by me. I will copy attachment from Incident to Interaction if "Customer Visible" checkbox is checked (I will add new field and checkbox for purpose of attachment).

Best regards
Dino

3 REPLIES
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I remember a fix related to this, check if you will consider it.

We don't want attachment per record in different modules as is. So the fix was a link to attachment - When you check the attachment TAB of a record, you will find...

1. attachment of the current record as currently designed OOB.

2. Links to attachment for each and every related record.

Related Change CMXXXX (with 2 attachment )

Attachment 1 (Link) - This will open the attachment if you click - no need to open the  CMXXXX

Attachment 2(Link) -

Related Incident IMXXXX (with 1 attachment)

Attachment 1 (Link) - This will open the attachment if you click - no need to open the  IMCXXXX

The fix is a combination of Script and an update of the Form (modify the attachment TAB). Plese let me know if you are interested.

Honored Contributor.

Hello @SandyAdmin, I saw the solution for that, it is good but I need to attach an attachment from Incident (TAB attachments, TAB interaction, Object probsummary) to Interaction (Object Incidents) and that is a problem.

Because OOTB functionality is that when I add attachment on Object probsummary that will create a relation in sysattachments table with IM but I need a feature that will create when I have selected tab Interaction that will create a relation between Interaction and sysattachment table. 

What I mean, I need to tell HPSM to create relation with SD but from IM.

Honored Contributor.
Solution

I found a solution that is OK by me. I will copy attachment from Incident to Interaction if "Customer Visible" checkbox is checked (I will add new field and checkbox for purpose of attachment).

Best regards
Dino