Service Manager / Service Center User Discussions
cancel

Allow Delegate Approver to Access Change Requests Using Mandanten Restriction Query

Highlighted
Jennifer Li Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Allow Delegate Approver to Access Change Requests Using Mandanten Restriction Query

Hi all,

I have a requirement that users can only access Change Requests if the Service (affected.item) is supported by them (support.groups in device file is an assignment group of the user).

I set up a Mandanten Restricting Query as below:

File Name:
cm3r

Restricting Query: 
affected.item isin $G.cust.service|current.pending.groups isin $G.approver.list|current.pending.groups=$lo.user.name

$G.cust.service is an array in login.DEFAULT storing the services supported by the user.
$G.approver.list is an array in login.DEFAULT storing the groups of which the user is an approver.

Now the problem is, when user delegated approval to another user, the delegated approver cannot access/approve the Change Request. How can I fix this?

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Allow Delegate Approver to Access Change Requests Using Mandanten Restriction Query

Hello Jennifer,
Thanks for your question.

Have you checked if the delegated approval user is being part of the group you created?
If yes, then I suggest you to open a ticket with Support team to have a proper investigation.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
Jennifer Li Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Allow Delegate Approver to Access Change Requests Using Mandanten Restriction Query

The delegated approver does not belong to the groups that support the service, that's why he/she cannot access the change because of the Mandanten Restricting Query.

So how can I grant access to delegated approvers regardless of he/she supporting the service or not?