The community has a new login process
The community single sign-on system has been changed. Learn more about it HERE
Absent Member.. Ulises Jorge Bi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to force a mandatory update activity upon entering a particular CM phase

Jump to solution

Dear folks,

I'm working on a new workflow that has a "Hold" phase that will allow users to "park" a change ticket if they need to for some reason.  What I want to do is force the user to add an update upon entering that phase explaining the reason why this case is now on "hold".  I figure that using a format control tied to the form used in that particular phase would do the trick, so I did the following:

Validation tab:

Update: current.phase in $file="Hold" and current.phase in $file0~="Hold"

Focus: $cm.update (I also tried "1 in $cm.update")

Validation: not (null(1 in $cm.update)) or $cm.update~={""}

No luck so far.  What am I missing here?  Can I use the $cm.update variable that way in a format control?  I'm also considering defining a field used only in that phase and that can be updated every time the workflow moves into this phase (which I assume may happen more than once). 

I'll appreciate any suggestion you may provide.

Kind regards

Ulises

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. AChandler Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to force a mandatory update activity upon entering a particular CM phase

Jump to solution

Just an idea: How about the button - which now sends it into the Hold phase - kicks off a wizard instead; this wizard could request user input for the "hold reason", then plug that input into $cm.update, then perform the next phase action. That way you can get their reason up front and they can cancel the wizard if they don't have a reason.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to force a mandatory update activity upon entering a particular CM phase

Jump to solution

Just an idea: How about the button - which now sends it into the Hold phase - kicks off a wizard instead; this wizard could request user input for the "hold reason", then plug that input into $cm.update, then perform the next phase action. That way you can get their reason up front and they can cancel the wizard if they don't have a reason.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

AChandler,

I don't know what's happening with the forum, but I wrote this message yesterday and then I couldn't find it...and now it's here!  Anyway... thanks for responding.  This looks like something that could work and in fact it's how I wanted to work.  I've have not created a wizard before but this is a good moment to start.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

AChandler,

The wizard solution worked beautifully.  Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Ulises

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Ulises, here's a quick mockup I put together of a wizard that should do what you're looking for. You may have to play around with some settings, but this would be a good starting point. :)

(Attached -->)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh, great - glad it worked out! :)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.