NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Service Manager / Service Center User Discussions
cancel

Issue With Export To Text

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Kasell Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Issue With Export To Text

Hello,

Our environment:

RTE: 9.40.0015
Application Version: 9.40.0015

A recent tailoring request we had here involved adding the Export to Text File functionality to the kmdocument.list form (for the KMDOCUMENT table).  This was accomplished by copying an existing display option record and adapting it to the kmdocument.list form.

After bringing up a list of KMDOCUMENT records, I clicked on the Export to Text File button.  This produced the Export Data to a Text File screen.  With the Tab text delimiter button selected, I clicked on the Export button.  This produced the following series of messages:

>Process panel extract in RAD dde.export.fetchrows encountered error in line 5 (dde.export.fetchrows,extract)
>Cannot evaluate expression (dde.export.fetchrows,extract)
>Bad arg(1) oper lng (dde.export.fetchrows,extract)
>Unrecoverable error in application:  us.dump.delimited on panel disconnect
>Unrecoverable error in application:  file.close on panel disconnect
>Unrecoverable error in application:  us.dump.delimited on panel gen.array

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..
Solution

Re: Issue With Export To Text

we do not want to open up that admin function to the general user base, both for system security and CYA reasons.

Totally agree.  But it's a debug step.  If it works from the 'Administration mode', then it's not the size of the data set or the underlying data structure, but something in the method - the copy from the other object that you've co-opted into the KMDOCUMENT table.

Then you can start looking at the difference - if Database Manager works and your displayoption copy doesn't work, what's the difference?  Where's the gap?

A direction to take it, rather than the solution itself.

6 REPLIES
 Micro Focus Expert Carlos_V_SM  Micro Focus Expert
 Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joseph,

hope you are doing fine.

Are the users presents disconnects from SM?

Based on the errors, that happens when exporting large amount of records, what you should do is exporting less records. Our recomendation is to increase the sessiontimeout parameter in the servers since this could be causing most of the disconnections as well when exporting a large amount of records and also check the tomcat java configuration.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Trusted Contributor.

Carlos,

Appreciate the response.

My users are not being disconnected.  I also don't think it's a sessionparameter setting issue.

The error occurs when attempting to export as little as two records.  In contrast, when performing a search in the probsummary table that retrieved 197 records, no error occurred.  The sole difference between the two is that the error occurs when using the kmdocument table, but is not occurring in the probsummary table.  Just as another check, there was no error following a query against the incidents table that produced 1021 records.

Acclaimed Contributor..

Carlos - is it related to the data type?  The core fields in that KMDOCUMENT table are IMAGE data types in the underlying database; is that a challenge for the export to text?

Joseph - are you exporting via the Eclipse client, or is this the web client?  If you (as a sysadmin) use DatabaseManager to view the data under 'Administration Mode' does the export work successfully?

Trusted Contributor.

Hello Jacob,

It happens with both clients.  I'll add that, except for the handful of SM Admins like me, everyone is accessing the system via the web.

I will confirm that if I access this via Admin Mode in Database Manager, the export occurs successfully.  However, we do not want to open up that admin function to the general user base, both for system security and CYA reasons.

Joe

Acclaimed Contributor..
Solution

we do not want to open up that admin function to the general user base, both for system security and CYA reasons.

Totally agree.  But it's a debug step.  If it works from the 'Administration mode', then it's not the size of the data set or the underlying data structure, but something in the method - the copy from the other object that you've co-opted into the KMDOCUMENT table.

Then you can start looking at the difference - if Database Manager works and your displayoption copy doesn't work, what's the difference?  Where's the gap?

A direction to take it, rather than the solution itself.

Trusted Contributor.

Intuitively, I had that sense that it wasn't the number of records.

As you suggested, I produced log captures - one via the method that produced the error, and one via Database Manager.  Reviewing the logs it can be seen that RAD code was onvoking some java scripting, which is beyond my area of expertise.  However, I have forwarded the files to support for their review.  I'm sure the compare/contrast will help.

Jacob, I appreciate your help.

Joe