Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Service Manager / Service Center User Discussions
cancel

Passes the user selection of a Service Catalog to the fulfillment record

Amr_Salah  Super Contributor..
 Super Contributor..

Passes the user selection of a Service Catalog to the fulfillment record

Hello Experts , 

i'm working on service catalog desgin , which i will add user selction fileds to some times , such as model name , IPs ,,,etc. and this itmes is a support itme that will open an iniciden 

i can see the added fileds in the interaction record opend from the catalog , in the catlog Item and catlog infromation tabs . but OOTB this information is not passed to the fullfilment record such as incident record 

is there any way to pass the detalis in the catalog infromation tab to the IM Record . 

thanks in advacne 

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
2 REPLIES
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Passes the user selection of a Service Catalog to the fulfillment record

Check the catalog connector. Service Catalog>Tailoring>Catalog Connectors

The interface is defined on that table, check the expressions Tab of each entry and you will see some fields are being pass-on to the related records such as Incident from.

Highlighted
Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Passes the user selection of a Service Catalog to the fulfillment record

I recommend that you check a table called USEROPTION in Service Manager. I think it was introduced in version 9.40 or so.

The table lists user options per every service fulfillment ticket. It's easy to retrieve options - for example, make a JS script and use a HTML viewer component to display those values. Of course CSS and HTML is needed. See Script Libraries timeperiodCSS and timeperiod to find examples.

The one example beneath is what I did for SM 9.41. According to feedback, it was well received by the end users, because the option blocks are separated by background colors and longer text sections scale automatically. to multiple rows.

EDIT: If I may continue to promote the idea, same technique can be applied to show ticket's activities as well. A slight side effect is that ticket's rendering to screen slows down a bit (if there are dozens of activity updates), but generally speaking pros are numerous to cons.

kuva.png

---
To get good answers, ask good questions.