Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Service Manager / Service Center Practitioners Forum
cancel

Process Designer Condition Building

SOLVED
Go to solution
gdurso
Honored Contributor.

Process Designer Condition Building

I am building a Change Workflow with the new Process Designer.

I am trying to put together an automatic transition condition like this:

( approval.status in CurrentRecord = "denied")  Current record being cm3r

However when I do the following:

Click on condition icon

Click Expression

Click Select Type

Select CurrentRecord 

I cannot see the approval status field in the drop list.

Has anyone encontered this?

Is there a way of making it appear ion the drop down?

10 REPLIES
John Stagaman
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Process Designer Condition Building

Until PD4 (9.30.3), which includes the option for the condition editor to include deprecated and system fields, system fields (like approval.status) are not displayed in the condition editor to select.

To temporarily add a system field so that it appears in Condition Editor, access the datadict record (Data Policy) for the table and change the field type from System to either Data or Application.

When you're done modifying the conditions, change the field back to System (otherwise it will be included in Templates, which would be inappropriate).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
gdurso
Honored Contributor.

I have just applied PD4-9.30.066-contentpatchrel.

Content Version record confirms this. I am on content revision: 9.30.3 Process Designer Content Pack 4. 29/06/13 04:00:00

So I don't know why I can't see approval status.

gdurso
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the work around.
John Stagaman
Acclaimed Contributor.

Even with PD4, system fields are not shown in Condiditon Editor by default. 

In Tailoring > Process Designer > Configuration you can update the setting to display system fields.

This is in the PD4 documentation.

gdurso
Honored Contributor.

Further to this.

If a system field such as approval status does not appear in the list what do we use when we want to test a condition in an automatic transition based on approval status?

Note that I added the approval status to an automatic transition however the transition does not work. The transition to the next phase does not work.

All the OOB Cm3r based workflows that use approval.status in automatic transitions these transitions work.

John Stagaman
Acclaimed Contributor.

IF there are any tasks open in the approval phase, they can interfere with the automatic transitions defined for that phase. This is noted in the release notes for every PD version. The recommended workaround is that tasks should not be opened during approval phases. 

Other than that exception, I am not aware of problems with automatic transitions tied to approval status, however, to troubleshoot effectively, please enter a screen capture of the exact expression configured for the transition. There is not enough information here to troubleshoot.

gdurso
Honored Contributor.

There are no tasks open in the Approve Phase.

I have attached three screen shots.

One shows the workflow automatic transition condition using "Approval Status".

Another one show a Change Request in the Approval Phase where the apprval status is "pending"

The final screen shows the same request after approval but not transitioning to build.

John Stagaman
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't see anything wrong. Have you opened a ticket with support?

gdurso
Honored Contributor.

I have not...but now will.

Thanks again for your help.

John Stagaman
Acclaimed Contributor.

I can't reproduce the issue  on a PD4 (9.30.0) release.  If I add a condition based on Approval Status to an existing phase using condition editor, the automatic transition occurs as expected. 

If you want me to look at the workflow, you could use the new Workflow Export tool to export all the workflow components and either attach it here or send it in a direct message.