Service Manager / Service Center User Discussions
cancel

Tons of dbFetch: request for FETCH_CURRENT terminated error in sm.log

Timberwolf Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Tons of dbFetch: request for FETCH_CURRENT terminated error in sm.log

Dear experts,

My customer has a problem with their SM application. I notice that in sm.log there a thousands of line like this.

dbFetch: request for FETCH_CURRENT terminated because there is no current record in the RELBLK xxxxxxxx for file "incidents"

This sometime cause slow performance and timeout user's session.

This line repeats thousand times a day. Could you please help me to check this. I have attached the log below.

Thanks and Regards,

2 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Tons of dbFetch: request for FETCH_CURRENT terminated error in sm.log

Hello,
Hope you are doing well.

Upon investigation, I found the following explanation from R&D:

When length of an extremely long query exceeds the size of the tuserp->nWorkBuffer which is fixed as 32K, therefore, the RTE's memory is destroyed.

In other words, maybe the query you were using at that time (or Service Manager) to modify fields on the databases was longer that the limit so RTE’s memory was momentaneously suspended.

Hope this explanation helps.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
Timberwolf Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Tons of dbFetch: request for FETCH_CURRENT terminated error in sm.log

Thanks for your information, I don't know why but after turn off the Auto Merge JS in display screen sd.view. These errors reduce significantly to 2, 3 times per week.