Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Service Manager / Service Center Practitioners Forum
cancel

confusion is SLA should be recalculated or not

darshana_ss
Super Contributor.

confusion is SLA should be recalculated or not

Hi,

I have big confusion.....

I created a slo for Area="hardware" with interval 6 hours

I have not changed OOB setting of SLAModuleControl file

I created 1 incident at 1 pm for Area="hardware". My SLA got mapped to it properly with Next Expiration showing 7 pm time (it is right).

then at 3 pm, I changed Area to "software" and updated incident. My SLA is not showing in incident now (which is right)

at 6 pm, I again updated my incident back to Area="hardware", my SLA again got mapped to incident (which is right).

But now also it is showing Next Expiration 7 pm only.

I am confused if 7 pm in Next Expiration after remapping hardware area to incident is correct?

or it should recalculate and show next expiration as 12am?

Please help.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES
ramesh9
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: confusion is SLA should be recalculated or not

I doubt SLA will be relcalculated as you had specified, because SLA expiration would allways taken from open time of the ticket.

Anyhow can you post your SLO to check whether any changes can be done so SLA can be recalculated?

darshana_ss
Super Contributor.

Hi, than

darshana_ss
Super Contributor.

Thanks Ramesh for ur reply.

Please find atatched snapshot of slamodulecontrol and slo.

Piku
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I suppose expiration would be same as 7 PM since you did not resolve the ticket although it just change the category/queue only.
And as Ramesh said it could not seem to achievable to reset the SLO

here you can just try to update the slaactive table when you change the category/area,in this table you can change the start time of the record having ID same as your IM number, by this expiration will be auto recalculated.

hth,

As piku had suggested you can modify slaactive table to meet your requirements.

You can write a javascript in master fc(incidents/probsummary) and update slaactive table with newly sla expiration time.

Points/Kudos are appreciated...