HPE Software is now Micro Focus
HPE Software is now Micro Focus
Software Solutions
cancel

High performance computing in the cloud

Re: High performance computing in the cloud

Prasanna_A
Jan, Thanks. You have raised an important point - from a compute and memory HPC requirements point of view, as you rightly said, Azure supports best HPC configuration and is probably couple of points above AWS. However, for HPC workloads that run in a cluster and are network latency-sensitive, then both Azure and AWS (so far) are non-committal on network bandwidth. Azure does support Infiniband low-latency RDMA network for H-Series. I hope they will start guaranteeing the bandwidth, instead of saying very-high.
Simply fly on Cloud
- Prasanna Anantharamaiah
0 Kudos
About the Author

Prasanna_A

Chief Technologist responsible for leading Cloud technology solutions across Asia pacific. In his role, Prasanna works directly with leading technologists executive teams at large enterprise customers and services providers to define their cloud strategy and taking them on a transformation journey to Hybrid cloud. Prasanna has more than 25 years of IT experience and working with Hewlett Packard since 1995.

Comments
N/A

Cloud-based HPC could easily be accomplished in the public cloud like Azure. I have worked with several large enterprise customers to move their HPC workloads from on-premises to Azure. One can not only do big compute but acomplish data visualizations rendered in Azure and bit streamed to a local client.

Valued Contributor.
Jan, Thanks. You have raised an important point - from a compute and memory HPC requirements point of view, as you rightly said, Azure supports best HPC configuration and is probably couple of points above AWS. However, for HPC workloads that run in a cluster and are network latency-sensitive, then both Azure and AWS (so far) are non-committal on network bandwidth. Azure does support Infiniband low-latency RDMA network for H-Series. I hope they will start guaranteeing the bandwidth, instead of saying very-high.