NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) User Discussions
cancel

Operations Agent deployment from OMi 10.63

SOLVED
Go to solution
MCusanelli Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Operations Agent deployment from OMi 10.63

After performing a install of OMi10.63 i attempted to perform and agent update on a older server thats running the 11.14 agent, but it fails with the following error: No binary deployment package Operations-agent for operating system linux processor architecture x64 found. I'm able to deploy policy templates but i cant perform an agent update.

After doing some digging in the OMi documentation i should  be able to upload the agent to the server.  i know that the management servers get the agent, but i have to upload this again should i choose to do a full deployment to a brand new server?

Also the instructions  seem to only be for windows. 

Is OMi capable of doing a new agent deployment to a brand new node or can it only perform agent updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.. Mohamed Saad Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..
Solution

Re: Operations Agent deployment from OMi 10.63

Hi,

OMi 10.x is not capable of install agent on a new node, 

you can use Operations Orchestration and Agent installation repository (AIR)  for that, or use third party (e: MS SCCM)

for agent update : 

you need first to upload agent update package as desciped below: 

<OMi_HOME>/opr/bin/opr-package-manager.sh ‑username myU ‑password myPwd ‑upload_packages OVO-Agent.xml ‑input /tmp/Agent_Setup/packages ‑platform LIN

available platforms: HP-UX, SOL, AIX, LIN, WIN, ALL

- after uploading the package , update agent from  Administration > Setup and Maintenance > Monitored Nodes

2 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

OMi is not capable of deploying agents to new managed nodes (e.g. an initial agent install) at this time.   Other mechanisms must be used as documented in the Agent documentation (e.g. local agent install from media, yum, etc.).

BTW:  In the future you may get a quick response by posting in the "Operations Manager i Praticitioners Forum" as this particular forum is meant for discussions around Operations Manager for Unix and Operations Manager for Windows.

Trusted Contributor.. Mohamed Saad Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..
Solution

Hi,

OMi 10.x is not capable of install agent on a new node, 

you can use Operations Orchestration and Agent installation repository (AIR)  for that, or use third party (e: MS SCCM)

for agent update : 

you need first to upload agent update package as desciped below: 

<OMi_HOME>/opr/bin/opr-package-manager.sh ‑username myU ‑password myPwd ‑upload_packages OVO-Agent.xml ‑input /tmp/Agent_Setup/packages ‑platform LIN

available platforms: HP-UX, SOL, AIX, LIN, WIN, ALL

- after uploading the package , update agent from  Administration > Setup and Maintenance > Monitored Nodes