Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Darin S. Lory Absent Member.
Absent Member.

forwarding messages with different versions of ovo

Jump to solution
I'm trying to find out whether I could do message forwarding (MOM setup) from server A running ovo 7.x to server B running ovo 6.15.

The class manual for ovo II mentionses that you cant, but gives no details. Has anyone tird it and got it to work?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alex Ulbrich Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: forwarding messages with different versions of ovo

Jump to solution
Yes you can. I have been doing that for over a year now. The only real problem is that you can't use any 7.x features from 6.15 server, ie. custom attributes...
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Alex Ulbrich Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Yes you can. I have been doing that for over a year now. The only real problem is that you can't use any 7.x features from 6.15 server, ie. custom attributes...
0 Likes
Martin Johnson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, you can send messages as already stated.

Another thing to watch out for is downloading templates, etc from the 7.x management server to 6.x agents. 7.x uses a character set that is not supported by 6.x. You'll get a lot of "Can't convert logfile entry" messages if you do. This problem goes away if you upgrade the agent to 7.x.

HTH
Marty
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanx a bunch. You just saved me several hours of testing.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanx for taking the time.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.