Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

HP UCMDB/ HP Connect IT

SOLVED
Go to solution
mafna
Trusted Contributor.

HP UCMDB/ HP Connect IT

Hi,

i have a problem creating relationship from HP Connect IT (9.53) to HP UCMDB 10.11.

I created a view on my SCCM DB where i join data from my desktop HW and desktop SW. I imported normalized SW data from SCCM trough HP Connect IT to HP UCMDB as standalone CI - ok no problem, that worked. I already have desktop HW data in my HP UCMDB. Now i tried to match SW and HW. I created query in UCMDB (Node CI with composition relationship to Installed_Software CI). When i run the scenario (for testing only on one CI - my machine) in HP Connect IT i get no error, everything looks ok, no error also on UCMDB side. Any idea what i'm doing wrong here?

The result should be: CI Node > relationship > CI Installed_Software

Regards.

2 REPLIES
Rutger
Honored Contributor.

Re: HP UCMDB/ HP Connect IT

Let me see if I get your issue straight:

1. You have an external repo containing Node and Software CIs, from which you populate a selection to UCMDB via ConnectIT. 

2. You populate Software, Nodes, plus the relationship between these to UCMDB

3. There are no errors to be seen during execution of the scenario

4. You are expecting a relationship between your ConnectIT host and some software element CIs, however these are not created.

There are a couple of logs where you can check on results of the population, like the mam.autodiscovery.log and the cmdb.reconciliation.log. Can you check those for any interesting errors relating to your population?

mafna
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Re: HP UCMDB/ HP Connect IT

I managed to resolve the problem with my local HP support.

The problem was, that InstallesSoftware CI and Node CI needed additional relationship type - Usage in both directions. This was done in Modeling/Ci Type Manager/Dependencies tab.

Regards.