cancel

UFT 14.01 carshes when using RepositoriesCollection.Add for any browser

SOLVED
Go to solution
BIbinC Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

UFT 14.01 carshes when using RepositoriesCollection.Add for any browser

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade to UFT 14.01 espically for the Edge support and we came across an issue. Just an overview of our framework,

• No scripts are stored in ALM
  • All tests are run using .vbs files
  • We use RepositoriesCollection.Add to assoicate repositories at run time to the test.

Sample Scenario#1

1. Launch any browser, Navigate to Google
  2. Type "Unified functional testing"
  3. Click search

Sample Scenario#2

1. Launch any browser, Navigate to Google
  2. Type "Lean FT"
  3. Click search

The issue is summarized in the below table, When the object repository is local or shared and assoicated with the action it works just fine.

But when you use  RepositoriesCollection.Add to assoicate repositories to the action, the first test works fine, the second test does not work at all.

We have been in touch with HP, but no progress yet. I just wanted to check if anyone else is also seeing this issue and possibly have a workaround to get this working with RepositoriesCollection.Add. We do not want to associate repositories to thousand of our UFT testUFT14.01 Issue Summary.PNGIssue Summaryuft14.01 Issue.PNGError Screenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Re: UFT 14.01 carshes when using RepositoriesCollection.Add for any browser

I am using the full path. Full path or relative path the issue was the same. HP has provided a hot fix. I am marking this issue as resolved.

6 REPLIES
Respected Contributor... EvanChen Respected Contributor...
Respected Contributor...

hi, the whole issue still seem not so clear to me. Can you help to clarify below to provide more information for investigation?

• Is this script working fine in previous version? Or it's a new approach?
  • Is the test launched and run by AOM while loading SOR is inside the test as the screenshot indicate?
  • Are the two scenarios using the same test? Or they have seperate test cases?
  • See some SystemUtil.Run in line 7 of the screenshot under UFT folder. Can you clarify what it is?

Thanks,

Evan

Trusted Contributor.

And here I am thiking that I have been very clear. Apologies!.

1. Yes this script is working fine in previous version. I think the script was developed in UFT 11.5 and has been working since then. To avoid my script dependency I have mentioned the two scenarios of simple google search.

2. Yes our UFT tests are run by AOM and not from ALM. These sample scenarios of google search I am just running from UFT by clicking on the run button, for the ease of reproducing the issue.

3. The two scenarios are two different GUI test. The whole issue can only be reproduced if we have two GUI test.

4. on line 7 I am opening the browser to be tested:

For edge, you would have to run the webdriver host.

eg:  Systemutil.run "C://Program Files (x86)/HPE/Unified Functional Testing/bin/WebDriverHost.exe",strAppURL,,,3

For IE, we run the actual browser:

Systemutil.Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe",strAppURL,,,3

The issue is when you run these two different GUI test with local or shared OR associated to the test, THEY RUN AND PASS.

Now on the same test, if you remove the association of the OR from the test. (from  menu Resources--> Associate repository). And associate the repo at run time using below code for both the GUI tests:

RepositoriesCollection.Add("C:\Users\test\Downloads\MFSample2\ObjectRepository\Repository1.tsr"),1

The first senario works fine and will work fine not matter how many times you run it.

Now the moment you open our second scenario(GUI Test) and run, it will fail to indentify any object. See the screenshot.

Please note the issue is reproducible only for the same session of UFT. if you close out UFT and open again, the script works fine.

Bolagsverket Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello,

What happens if you use the full path to the SOR instead of relative path?

Trusted Contributor.
Solution

I am using the full path. Full path or relative path the issue was the same. HP has provided a hot fix. I am marking this issue as resolved.

_rob__1 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Where can I find this hot fix?

Trusted Contributor.

At present HPshared the dll file personally with us. They said this issue will be fixed on UFT14.02