Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
VM Explorer User Discussions
cancel

When attempting to launch HPE VM Explorer, I receive a service error

J_KING
Visitor.

When attempting to launch HPE VM Explorer, I receive a service error

When attempting to launch HPE VM Explorer, I receive an error:  HPE Explorer Service is not correctly initialized. Please check configuration settings.

If I go into services, the service is running and it states it is running properly. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert MichaelFunke
Micro Focus Expert

Re: When attempting to launch HPE VM Explorer, I receive a service error

What version is affected?
Does this happen after an update?

madharleyman
New Member.

I have just udpated to 6.5 from an older version and I get the same error.

The product had not been used for a couple of months since I backed up my ESXI Box but was working before.

Rebooting or restarting the service has no effect.

Honored Contributor... Stephen Aldous  Honored Contributor...
 Honored Contributor...

Please confirm the specifications of the machine you are running VM Explorer on (e.g. OS version, .NET version).

Thanks. (Support Matrix document is attached)

-Stephen.
Jay C
Visitor.

There may be something wrong with your VMX.conf file. (C:\ProgramData\Trilead\VMX\VMX.conf). I had to uninstall VMX, delete the VMX folder (C:\ProgramData\Trilead\VMX) then re install the application.  You will lose all of you configuration setting if you do this, but I was able to to get past the "HPE Explorer Service is not correctly initialized. Please check configuration settings."  error message.

Y_Aub
New Member.

Hi,

I just updated my server with HPE 6.6.1 from 6.2.001 and i got the same error message.

Anyone got a solution to make it works?

I can't uninstall/reinstall.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Yann Auberson

sebastiangebhard
New Member.

Re: When attempting to launch HPE VM Explorer, I receive a s

Hi,

this affects me, too. I also upgraded from 6.2.001 to 6.6.1 as the message was really nagging every time I logged in.

Did anyone get this to work?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Highlighted
sebastiangebhard
New Member.

Re: When attempting to launch HPE VM Explorer, I receive a s

Nevermind it now. I have done some further research and found the following thread:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/VM-Explorer-Practitioner-Forum/vm-explorer-does-not-start-after-update/td-p/1618368

The problem is different, but the solution works.

Just uninstall, reboot, and reinstall your HPE / Trilead VM Explorer and you are good to go with all data and configuration present!