Web Products (WCM, Web Client and Webdrawer)
cancel

How to hide inactive classifications in Webdrawer

Highlighted
Mark SL NSW Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How to hide inactive classifications in Webdrawer

I want to hide inactive classifications in webdrawer. We currently use our intranet for staff to request hard copy file creation. We've rationalised the BCS/thesauraus to make it simpler. I want to be able to implement the new BCS hiding deactivated classifications. the idea was to simplify the process for staff by narrowing/focussing the classification options.
We obviously need to retain the deactivated classifications for existing records .

thanks 

Mark

6 REPLIES
Acclaimed Contributor... David Churchland Acclaimed Contributor...
Acclaimed Contributor...

Re: How to hide inactive classifications in Webdrawer

I must be having a slow day as I cannot recall where we list Classifications in WebDrawer.  Where in the UI do you want to hide them?

Depending on what you are doing this may work,

1. edit hptrim.config,
  2. find the routeDefault seen below
  3. add the filter (as show)
  4. I forget where we added filter but in older versions you may need to use 'q' instead of 'filter'.
    <add
      name="Classification"
      model="Classifications"
      template="WDClassificationList"
      propertySets="DataGridVisible"
      pageSize="15"
      filter="unkActive"
    />

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.2 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Valued Contributor.

Thanks David, I will give that a go.

I have oversight of the RM8 UI and a colleague is responsible for the application server layer. Not sure what level of Webdrawer oversight I have, where do I look? I'm new to Webdrawer, I don't know where our intranet starts and Webdrawer finishes... However, like in HP RM8/CM9 there are two functions at the Webdrawer/Intranet UI - a search for existing record function and a create (or request for creation) of new folder function. Unlike RM8/CM9 the UI for both functions present a comprehensive Classificatoin list (active and inactive). The TRIM interface obviously you search or browse via a comprehensive list of classifications including active and inactive, but when you go to create a new record you're presented with only Active Classifications.

Could it be as simple as getting my intranet developer to point to two different native or custom Webdrawer forms?

Thanks

Mark

Acclaimed Contributor...

I suspect that the bit you believe to be Webrawer is not actually WebDrawer.  Unles it has been customised thee is nothing in WebDrawer to create a folder.  Maybe it is the RM Web Client.

Could you post a screen shot of the UI where you want the classifications filtered?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Valued Contributor.

There's an intranet form that our end users navigate to request the creation of a new Folder. The end user has to browse the Classifications which the intranet form sources from Webdrawer. Certainly in DEV, changes I make to classifications in RM8 appear dynamically on the DEV intranet (without intervention of intranet development team).

I've attached the screen shot as requsted. However maybe some of the source code is more useful?

I don't expect you to do my intranet developers' work, but I've attached the source up to and including the first line of Classification, which it sources dynamically via Webdrawer. I hope there's a pointer you'll recognise in here that I can either attach a filter like the one you gave me, or which I can point to alternative Webdrawer forms or widgets.

Acclaimed Contributor...

OK that helps a lot, you have a customised WebDrawer, all the intrnanet dev has to do is find the code where they fetch the classifications and filter on 'unkActive'.

Or, depending on how the customisation fetches the Classifications they might simply be able to edit the WebDrawer hptrim.config file on the web server and change the Classifications route so that it has a filter property (as below)

<add
      name="Classification"
      model="Classifications"
      template="WDClassificationList"
      propertySets="DataGridVisible"
      pageSize="15"
      filter="unkActive"
    />

Valued Contributor.

Thanks David, it's now apparent the intranet isn't sourcing its classifications list from webdrawer but directly from sql. 

Do you know what table, field and value I can refer the intranet developer to to create the same filter as below? Ie, I want them to be able to filter out inactive classifications.

thanks

Mark