Web Products (WCM, Web Client and Webdrawer)
cancel

Unable to see record type via webclient

SOLVED
Go to solution
Perentie
Regular Contributor.

Unable to see record type via webclient

Hi All, 

we've noticed an issue of late whereby 1 out of the 47 recordtypes we have setup in the system does not appear via the HPRM 8.1.1.79019 web/thin client. To be more specific, the record type is a file and is not displyed for selection when creating new records in the web client. Existing records of this type can be located and viewed without issue.

I have compared this record type against the other objects that are being successfully displayed and I can't see any obvious differences. wondering if anyone has seen this before or otherwise knows how the visibility of record types between the thick/thin clients are controlled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helen Barnes
Regular Contributor.
Solution

Re: Unable to see record type via webclient

The web client doesn't support record types that use manual numbering and those record types are 'removed' from the list.  The version you're on also doesn't support record types that use Thesaurus Titling.  

If your record type uses either of these options, that would be why it doesn't appear in your list of record types when creating a new record.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
3 REPLIES
Helen Barnes
Regular Contributor.
Solution

The web client doesn't support record types that use manual numbering and those record types are 'removed' from the list.  The version you're on also doesn't support record types that use Thesaurus Titling.  

If your record type uses either of these options, that would be why it doesn't appear in your list of record types when creating a new record.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Perentie
Regular Contributor.

Hi Helen,  that troublseome record tye is indeed using a Thesaurus wheras the others are using Classification so mystery solved. appreciate your advice!

Absent Member.

Hi Helen

I'm encountering the same issue with records which have manual numbering. I don't suppose that there has been a change I can make other then implementing a non manual record system for the affected record types or importing these from a spreadsheet via the thick client?

Thanks,

Heather